Efficient transport for Britain's critical industries.
The story of rail freight since privatisation is one of great success and no company in the industry embodies that more than GB Railfreight.
GBRf’s team of 600 people operate 650 trainloads a week, moving 15% of Britain’s rail freight with 99% reliability.
GBRf’s Train Managers are in charge of our fleet of 58 locomotives and over 1,000 wagons, transporting goods for customers including E.ON, Network Rail, EDF Energy, UK Coal, Merrill Lynch, Tarmac, Drax and Crossrail Ltd.
GBRf’s specialist teams design transport answers for companies working in coal, biomass, infrastructure, petrochemical, construction and intermodal.
- MTR Corporation welcomes the announcement by the New South Wales Government in Australia that ...16th September, 2014Leeds and Bradford commuters travelling on Northern Rail?s electric trains, will soon benefit ...16th September, 2014Stephenson Harwood advises Govia on securing merger clearance for the Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern rail franchiseInternational law firm Stephenson Harwood LLP has advised Govia, a joint venture between Go-Ahead ...16th September, 2014
- More convenient journeys for millions as contactless payments launch across London?s transport networkFrom Tuesday 16 September, millions of customers will have easier and more convenient journeys ...16th September, 2014Czech Railways (?D) and Slovak Rail (ZSSK) have accelerated the connection from the Czech capital ...15th September, 2014A brand new rail franchise that will deliver new trains, more seats and faster journeys on ...15th September, 2014
- The first installation is the result of a long partnership between WiN MS and the railway operator ...15th September, 2014Vossloh Espa?a has been awarded a follow-up order for ten UKLIGHT locomotives from Direct Rail ...12th September, 2014Over at Rainhill Station a new set of trials has been undertaken - the scene of the first locomotive ...12th September, 2014
- The European Commission has invited Member States to propose projects to use ?11.9 billion ...11th September, 2014Indra will implement a high-speed traffic management system and rail network planning system in Turkey for ?43mState Turkish Rail has handed Indra a contract to implement a planning system for its entire ...11th September, 2014Indra will implement a high-speed traffic management system and rail network planning system in Turkey for ?43mState Turkish Rail has handed Indra a contract to implement a planning system for its entire ...11th September, 2014
- Tunnel machine Ellie has started her 900 metre journey from Limmo Peninsula, near Canning Town, ...11th September, 2014Tough performance targets to ensure rail passengers see real improvements to their journeys ...11th September, 2014The Go-Ahead Group welcomes the announcement by the Department for Transport that its 65% owned ...11th September, 2014
- Transport Minister Claire Perry challenged the rail industry to find new ways to give commuters ...10th September, 2014Crossrail Ltd has announced that it will award the contract for the fit-out of Woolwich station ...09th September, 2014Lower Emissions and Less Noise: First Atribo DMU for Trenitalia Driven by Voith RailPacks leaves PESATrenitalia, the main rail operator in Italy, has ordered 40 diesel-driven ATR 220 railcars ...08th September, 2014
- Lower Emissions and Less Noise: First Atribo DMU for Trenitalia Driven by Voith RailPacks leaves PESATrenitalia, the main rail operator in Italy, has ordered 40 diesel-driven ATR 220 railcars ...08th September, 2014This issue features articles from the German Railway Industry Association, NETINERA, and the ...11th April, 2014Railway liberalisation in the European Union took a big step backwards in February when the ...11th April, 2014
- The rail sector's vision is that railways, already vital to Europe's social and economic well-being, ...11th April, 2014The German Railway Industry Association (VDB) purposefully and emphatically represents the ...11th April, 2014Capital expenditure by Deutsche Bahn AG (DB) is rising by over 5% annually, but certification ...11th April, 2014
- On 15 December 2013, the Leipzig City Tunnel was opened for commercial service. Despite some ...11th April, 2014NETINERA is one of the largest private regional rail operators in Germany. Before 2011 it belonged ...11th April, 2014When planning first began to implement ETCS Level 2 in Austria, ÖBB - the Austrian Federal Railways ...11th April, 2014
- On 29 October 2013, an inauguration ceremony took place in Turkey to mark the opening of a ...11th April, 2014For European Railway Review, Jan Schneider-Tilli - Banedanmark's Project Director for the new ...11th April, 2014Transport for London confirmed that, following the completion of a 10 day standstill period, ...19th February, 2014
- Siemens to deliver a total of eight new ICE 3 trainsets to Deutsche Bahn (DB) by the end of ...19th February, 2014A key milestone in delivering the multi-billion pound transformation of London's rail services ...18th February, 2014Exclusive article for European Railway Review from ProRail's Programme Manager for Security, Peter PrakSimilarity judgment is an appropriate method to compare sectors and high risk locations related ...13th February, 2014
- EU decision makers and rail stakeholders agree that cost effective synergies between ERTMS ...13th February, 2014The European Union will support with almost €34 million from the TEN-T Programme a project ...13th February, 2014Read profiles of the Benelux and South-East Europe regions, special supplements focussing on ...13th February, 2014
- Read an exclusive interview with Karel Vinck - the European Commission's European Coordinator ...13th February, 2014Libor Lochman, Executive Director at the CER provides an article about how the industry should ...13th February, 2014Since its last elections which took place in October 2013, Luxembourg has a new government ...12th February, 2014