Efficient transport for Britain's critical industries.
The story of rail freight since privatisation is one of great success and no company in the industry embodies that more than GB Railfreight.
GBRf’s team of 600 people operate 650 trainloads a week, moving 15% of Britain’s rail freight with 99% reliability.
GBRf’s Train Managers are in charge of our fleet of 58 locomotives and over 1,000 wagons, transporting goods for customers including E.ON, Network Rail, EDF Energy, UK Coal, Merrill Lynch, Tarmac, Drax and Crossrail Ltd.
GBRf’s specialist teams design transport answers for companies working in coal, biomass, infrastructure, petrochemical, construction and intermodal.
- This issue features articles from the German Railway Industry Association, NETINERA, and the ...11th April, 2014Railway liberalisation in the European Union took a big step backwards in February when the ...11th April, 2014The rail sector's vision is that railways, already vital to Europe's social and economic well-being, ...11th April, 2014
- The German Railway Industry Association (VDB) purposefully and emphatically represents the ...11th April, 2014Capital expenditure by Deutsche Bahn AG (DB) is rising by over 5% annually, but certification ...11th April, 2014On 15 December 2013, the Leipzig City Tunnel was opened for commercial service. Despite some ...11th April, 2014
- NETINERA is one of the largest private regional rail operators in Germany. Before 2011 it belonged ...11th April, 2014When planning first began to implement ETCS Level 2 in Austria, ÖBB - the Austrian Federal Railways ...11th April, 2014On 29 October 2013, an inauguration ceremony took place in Turkey to mark the opening of a ...11th April, 2014
- For European Railway Review, Jan Schneider-Tilli - Banedanmark's Project Director for the new ...11th April, 2014Transport for London confirmed that, following the completion of a 10 day standstill period, ...19th February, 2014Siemens to deliver a total of eight new ICE 3 trainsets to Deutsche Bahn (DB) by the end of ...19th February, 2014
- A key milestone in delivering the multi-billion pound transformation of London's rail services ...18th February, 2014Exclusive article for European Railway Review from ProRail's Programme Manager for Security, Peter PrakSimilarity judgment is an appropriate method to compare sectors and high risk locations related ...13th February, 2014EU decision makers and rail stakeholders agree that cost effective synergies between ERTMS ...13th February, 2014
- The European Union will support with almost €34 million from the TEN-T Programme a project ...13th February, 2014Read profiles of the Benelux and South-East Europe regions, special supplements focussing on ...13th February, 2014Read an exclusive interview with Karel Vinck - the European Commission's European Coordinator ...13th February, 2014
- Libor Lochman, Executive Director at the CER provides an article about how the industry should ...13th February, 2014Since its last elections which took place in October 2013, Luxembourg has a new government ...12th February, 2014