We collectively have a moral obligation to safeguard each other, our customers, third parties and the environment by aspiring to operate a safe, harm free and healthy business. Communicating our policies to our employees and relevant parties is key to meeting our commitment of our management of risk and prevention of injury and ill-health. This will via email, electronic bulletins and on noticeboards.
Our objectives for 2022 are:
1) Zero workforce fatalities
2) Reduce RIDDOR lost time by 10% against the previous 3 year average.
3) Reduce RIDDOR reportable injuries by 10%against the previous 3 year average
4) Reduce time off due to mental health by 10%
5) Deliver a Directing Safely course for at least 1 key business director.
GBRf accepts its responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment and shall:
1) Comply with, and where reasonably practicable, exceed the requirements of relevant legislation and industry standards, including focusing on the elimination of risk.
2) Carry out and adhere to the GBRf Strategic Safety and Standards Plan.
3) Promote a fair culture, a clear line will be defined between acceptable and unacceptable behaviour, so that if any remedial action is to be taken, this is appropriate and proportionate.
4) Seek continual improvement in workplace health, safety and wellbeing whilst controlling risk.
5) Consult with Union Health & Safety Representatives on key issues or risks.
6) Promote close call, near miss and hazard reporting to become more pro-active than reactive in culture.
7) Share best practice, lessons learned and communicate with Freight Operators and 3rd parties.
Managers and supervisors of the workplace are responsible for:
1) Integrating workplace health and safety into the workplace
2) Assisting with communication about workplace health and safety
3) Providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
4) Eliminating hazards where practicable and continuously improve health, safety, and wellbeing standards
5) Consultation and participation of workers and workers’ representatives
6) Support, promote and follow health, safety and wellbeing standards and initiatives
7) Protect workers from reprisals when reporting incidents, hazards, risks, unsafe acts, or conditions
8) Working safe and harm free
9) Meeting your legal obligations
10) Supporting, promoting, and following health, safety and wellbeing standards and initiatives
11) Always use correct reporting procedures for any unsafe conditions, actions/omissions or accidents and incidents so GBRf can learn the valuable lessons from them and be a preventative organisation.
The health and wellbeing of our workforce is key in maintaining our place as a leading operator and upholding our company values. GBRF is looking to acquire ISO 4S003 in 2022.