GBRf wins route conducting contract
12 December 2006
GB Railfreight has won a £35,000 contract with Balfour Beatty Rail Plant Limited to provide route conductor services in London, Essex and Hertfordshire.
The 55 initially contracted moves began on Monday 20 November and are due to be completed by the end of February 2007.
Balfour Beatty has the option to extend the contract if it wishes.
The deal reinforces GBRf’s position as a leading provider of rail industry services.
Phil Amos, GBRf Business Development Manager said: “GBRf can offer a great deal of experience in route conducting and has personnel in place across much of the UK ready to provide this service.
“Recent contract success in this area is down to our traditional values of reliability, innovation and customer service,” added Phil. “We deliver what we promise – and that’s exactly what our customers want and appreciate.”
Note to editors:
· GBRf is an industry pioneer in understanding the significance of the business of Rail Industry Services. Its services range from operating test runs and delivery facilities for train manufacturers to supplying ‘off the shelf’ services ranging from train and production planning and route conductor hire to empty coaching stock movements and the provision of ‘Thunderbird’ locomotives.
· GBRf’s Rail Industry Service business includes Shoeburyness to Newport services of stock for scrapping, testing and delivery of new Turbostars and route conducting of infrastructure machines.
· The company has been highly successful in winning service contracts across the rail industry largely due to the company’s:
- flexibility and efficiency that allows it to develop competitive prices
- well-established reputation for reliability and first class customer service
- ability to guarantee the availability of train managers who never forget the importance of keeping the customer satisfied.
· Woodhouse Communications issued this release on behalf of GB Railfreight.
For more information contact Paul Lawson of Woodhouse on 01444 473588 or email email@example.com